What am I doing with my Tiger server? A whole lot, actually.

For one, I have Open Directory enabled, and I have user accounts set
up for all my family members. Every desktop in the house is tied to
the server, and all user data is stored on it. I'll get to the perks
of that in a second.

I also have NetBoot set up on it, with basic Tiger, Leopard, and Snow
Leopard images available via DeployStudio. This is useful for when I
get a new Mac or have to reinstall the OS on one, I don't have to dig
out OS discs or copy apps from dozens of DMGs.

The main perk of doing network login via OpenDirectory - no user data
is stored on any of the local machines, eliminating the need to backup
a half dozen machines for fear of a hard drive failure. Also on the
topic of backup, having all data stored centrally allows me to do a
simple scheduled CCC incremental backup every night.

I use it's print server capabilities to share all 3 of my printers
over LPR and AppleTalk too.

Chance