Don't really of a 'hack' exactly.  I know on some sites you could do a
alt - apple - a in safari and a list pops up.  Often times you can
navigate to the place where the where the flv video is and save it.

Others have gotten the video out of the cache using file juicer and
utils that get files from there.  Not sure if that works on YouTube or
not.

some of those streaming video's can be a headache to dl.

Gus