I own a dual G5 and it is an amazing machine. I bought mine for just upwards
of $150 plus $50 for a terabyte hard disk from a surplus. I'd say go for it
over a mac pro. The only upside of the mac pro is that it is an Intel mac.
Sent from a computer running either the SPARC, Itanium, or PowerPC
architecture.