Greetings all,
Today I was blessed with a nice used late-model G5/2.3GHz Dual-Core
unit to use as a server in my office. This is one of the PCI-E models.
Everymac.Com states this about the PCI-E slots:
"This model has "two open full-length four-lane PCI Express slots",
and "one open full-length eight-lane PCI Express slot"

(I presume the two four-lane slots are the 100MHz slots, and the third
is a 133MHz slot, yes?)

My main question is: which slot of the three is the 8-lane slot? I
suspect its the one closest to the CPU, is that correct?

Thank you for the consideration. Best regards,
Dana