> This isn't exactly right. Copied below are replies from FirmTek support about
> their SeriTek line of SATA I controllers, which would seem to support SATA II
> speeds in almost all circumstances where such speed is available:
>
> Kris Tilford asked FirmTek Support:
> Does Firmtek make a SATA II 3.0 Gbps PCI-X card with 2 internal and 2
> external ports that boots in a G5 PPC PowerMac?
> I own a SeriTek/1VE2+2 which is SATA I 1.5 Gbps and have been happy
> with it. I'd like to upgrade to SATA II if possible?

Does disabling the drives mean faster performance? Or am I reading this wrong?
I don't want to deal with RAID I want all my Drives single attached
Just for laughs I'll do the same CCC on two of the internal drives and another
one using USB 2.0 to see what's up with this eSATA stuff. The Seritek 1V4 card
is not a waste for me because I needed it for the Jive 5 in the machine and it
left 1 port that makes for a handy eSATA port.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP