On Aug 23, 2010, at 6:53 AM, MnDel wrote:

> I'd love jumping to 10.5 or 10.6 -  but I have enough docs in Pagemill
> and Appleworks that the jump looks like a bloomin big mountain to
> climb. Reading this guide to using OS9 apps on Intel macs puts me
> right off my feed.
> http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20060509180914879
> So if it really is just unworkable am I stuck with only going to a G4
> mini?
> One person recommended getting instead a G5 tower and installing 2
> HD's, one with tiger.
> Perhaps that is the only good solution, but I had hoped to go with a
> Mini for their noise and wattage reduction.
> thanks for any comments, Del

There seems to be some info missing here.

Number 1:  There is an OSX native version of AppleWorks.  It's AppleWorks 6 and
it works just fine with Snow Leopard even though it's a PPC application.  I've
got it on this computer to open ancient files I've got and it works a treat
with Snow Leopard.

Number 2:  PageMill files will open with Adobe GoLive.  It's an obsolete
program now, but GoLive 9 was released with the Adobe CreativeSuite 3 and was
intended to be the final version of GoLive, so it's got some tools and
utilities in it to help you make the move to DreamWeaver when you decide to go
that way.  I personally HATE DreamWeaver with a passion.....it takes a simple
WYSIWYG program and makes it horrible and complicated for the simplest tasks.
That said, GoLive is the direct successor to PageMill.  When we migrated to OSX
about 8 years ago, we were still using PageMill 3.0 for our company website.
We bought GoLive and it opened the PageMill files natively.

If those are the only two things holding you back, get on the LEM Swaplist and
see if anyone's got copies you can have of the above mentioned programs.
Upgrading to Snow Leopard on an Intel Mini is a MASSIVE leap forward.  Not only
is it a lot more stable and polished, but it's MUCH faster than Tiger on the
Intels.  Join us in the 21st century and make your life a little easier!