The objective is to install 10.5 using .dmg.

The approach, as she just explained it to me:

Put the HD that 10.5 is being installed to inside the machine, having formatted and partitioned it; one for OS, the other for personal data. Boot off an HD with an OS-Tiger-and mount, this HD is connected to Firewire. Mount the dmg from the desktop of this HD and restore it using Disk utility to a partition in the HD inside the machine.

Once that's done reboot using the mounted .dmg as the start up disk and then install to one of the partitions inside the machine.

The problem:

Dragging the .dmg to the "source" option in Disk Utility does not happen. It simply does not move, even if the .dmg has been mounted.

If someone knows of a better way to do this install, please write it here as clear as possible, so I can just forward it to her. I've never done this before, and thought I'd ask here for her.

Thanks.