Hello from a newbie from the UK

I have recently acquired two G4 powermacs, one yikes and one sawtooth. Both are running 10.3 at the moment but i'm hoping to get some 10.4 install disks for the sawtooth in the near future.

Having already had a few worrying black screen moments whilst swapping around various components etc. I am hoping to get some essential utilities downloaded for any future problems.

Could you guys recommend utilities which have helped you out in the past? I've already found out how useful 'carbon copy cloner' is and somebody mentioned 'applejack'

My thoughts are to maybe get an external drive box and firewire lead and create bootable partitions for each OS and also have any other utils installed on this emergency drive.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Nick
(Yorkshire, England)