Hi:

I have two MDD's with dual 1,25 ghz cpus that I run CHUD 3.5.2 on.
The  CHUD tools give the option of running single or dual cpus in
"nap" mode. I run mine in single cpu mode with no discernible loss in
processor speed/capacity. I also read that dual cpus in nap mode can
cause crashes, but I've read no complaints of crashes with the single
cpu. Most of the "literature" suggests single cpu use.

The cooling and noise reduction are satisfying. On this warm morning
the MDD is running at 98 degree (F) in single cpu. If I kick into dual
non-nap mode it'll go up to 138 degrees (F) and start that wind-tunnel
fan effect that MDDs are known for. CHUD seems to work best with
Tiger. I've tried it with Leopard but there seem to be problems with
keeping the cpus in single mode.

I have up to 6 or 7 people using these machines on the internet and
they've been stable with the CHUD tools for a good period of time.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Bruce Horner