On Aug 26, 2010, at 8:30 AM, Scott Birdwell wrote:

Jeffrey Engle <macgu...@gmail.com> Aug 25 02:25PM -0700 ^

I have a first generation Mac Mini 1.25ghz that I've been using for an
entertainment center. Problem is that I want to upgrade to a better
mini and the power adapter is "in the wall" and I don't want to take
the wall apart to get at it....

Q: which Mac Mini's are compatible with the first generation power
supply?

Jeff Engle
Kamiah, Idaho 83536
Jeff,
I'm pretty certain all mini's produced through 2009 used the same power brick. Beginning with this year's Aluminum Uni-body design, Apple has placed the PSU internally in the case. Looks like you could buy a fairly modern mini and still be all-right. BTW, I just bought one of the new ones for my business on Tuesday, and it's really nice!

Scott Birdwell
DeFalco's Home Wine & Beer Supplies
sa...@defalcos.com
www.defalcos.com

Scott, The first generation Mac Mini's used an 85w power supply... the latter ones use a 110w power supply... looks like I need the 110w and it will work all the way up to the current (not including it though) mac minis. Regardless of how I decide to go, the wall has me messing with it:-( Jeff