On Aug 26, 2010, at 6:40 PM, Rock wrote:

 On 8/26/2010 3:52 PM, Ashgrove wrote:
I LOVED Firefox. It was my browser of choice for a number of years,
and still is on the Windows platform. But it became very unstable a
few months back, just like Dan says, and I have ended up a reluctant
lover of Safari 5. I NEVER liked Safari --it's bland, it's not as
pliable as Firefox, it has a certain smugness to it that I don't
particularly care for-- but Safari 5 has proven to be fast and stable,
and does not suck as much RAM as before --in fact, although I can't
prove it, I find it uses less RAM than Firefox.

Felix

Unstable? I've never had any problem with Firefox on my g4's running Leopard. Or on Windows XP either. I did have problems with crashing about a year ago but that was because of a non-standard card I installed in my Dual 1.42ghz G4. So, it was a hardware problem that showed up as Firefox crashing.

I currently am a SeaMonkey user and it as any other nutscrape, firefox, mozilla product can only run so long before experiencing problems since I began with netscape 2 back in the 1990's. Firefox is no exception (at least in my experience).

JT