On Aug 26, 2:11 pm, john CARMONNE <carmo...@aol.com> wrote:

> > On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:35 PM, John Carmonne <carmo...@aol.com>
> > wrote:
> > Hi all
>
> > I want to know before I take a chance here if a CCC image is
> > bootable I see the option as a read only image so can that image be
> > booted?
> > Also can I restore a volume with it?
>
> Well the link above clarified the image boot question but now the
> remaining question is how can I restore the image? I can't get Disk
> utility to do it. It keeps saying there's a problem. With helper file.

John:

Taking your original post and your second question at face value, NO,
a CCC disk image is not bootable, but YES, you can restore a volume
with it and that volume would be bootable.  However, this is not the
way most people use CCC, which is to not make a disk image but to make
a bootable clone directly on an alternate volume.

The CCC web site has excellent documentation:
http://www.bombich.com/ccc_support.html
You can download it for convenient reference.  CCC's disk image
capability is useful for some folks with unusual needs.  At:
http://help.bombich.com/faqs/dmg-and-remote/dimages
there is this statement:  "(* Disk images themselves are not bootable,
but you can mount them and restore their content to a physical hard
drive to produce a bootable, exact replica of the original)."
Also, you can restore either by using CCC or Disk Utility:
http://help.bombich.com/faqs/dmg-and-remote/dmg-restore

Hope this meets your desires.

Al Poulin