Will a EVGA (brand) nVidia GeForce 6200 LE ("8x" AGP card work with a
M5183 (digital Audio?) (the back panel looks like AGP Graphics set
up)

Most problems are weird, but, Somebody donated an older Mac G4 to the
local museum here. I'm on the Museum Board of Directors and people
think I'm a mac genius because I kept their beige G3 alive and running
their slide show for years.

The donated Mac 4 has a toasted video card (It's at the museum and I'm
not, so I can't find the model number, but...) I put the AGP Rage 16MB
VRAM card from my work horse M5183 (with a 1.4 GHz processor) into
that computer and *it* works fine. But when I tried to use the PCI
card that is still inside the M5183 and connect to the internet, it
lasted about 5 minutes and shot half a zillion error messages across
the screen I rebooted tiwce, and this happened again, both times. I
took a photo of the error message filled screen on the final crash,
but the camera's flash went off and it's really tough reading that, I
could probably spend some time copying all the numbers for you and
post them here if that would do any good. But I think the bottom line
is it crashed due to a memory conflict with the ethernet card. (that's
my best guess)

So I decided to try to get a new AGP Video card for the M5183. There
is a store on eBay that has 8 GeForce4 TI 4600 128 MB VRAM cards left
for 89.50 U$ plus shipping each. I went into my friendly neighbourhood
computer store and the guy there can get me the 6200 LE card for
$69.00 (and no shipping charges) but it is an 8x card and further
research says it should work as long as I don't boot into OS9.2.2
which I need to do every now and then, but I can probably run a VGA
monitor off the other card, as long as I'm not connected to the
ethernet/internet.

But does anybody know if the 6200 LE is one of those magic cards that
is backward compatible with 2x/4x AGP slots (it has the three part
insertion connectors, so it will fit in place, but---)

Thanks,

-----Jim (Aerendel)