On Sep 26, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Ted Treen wrote:

> [...]

Maybe you already did this but  would first try to boot with the "shift key"
"opt key" and "command key" held down when the extensions off window shows let
off the shift key and keep the "opt command" keys down till it asks to rebuild
the desk top. If you're lucky this will straighten it out, otherwise Ted's
method is the best way to go and when it's OK make an extra extension set copy
just in case.

John M
Anaheim OC
dadbe...@gmail.com