On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Ashgrove <salum...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matevž,
>
> I solved the problem by popping in another HDD with Leopard already
> installed. The other drive is already erased, and I got rid of the
> incompatible RAM, so I guess I'll never know what happened. Too bad,
> because I'm still curious as to what exactly happened. It was a first
> for me.
>
> Googling it, I found a few cases of the exact same problem, a couple
> in Mac OS X and one in Ubuntu, but no solutions. Could it be a Unix
> bug? Incompatible RAM = losing keyboard input?
>
> Thanks,

Coming in late here but I/O problems always lead me to check hardware
connections first. Dirty connectors are very common. And this is in keeping
with the "kiss" principle.

Suspicions about internal hardware or software issues often leads to
unnecessary financial loss and grief. So is a favorite cash cow of service
guys.

Bad cables, or ends, ports are the first places to check for any I/O
problem.

--
Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer

fluxstrin...@gmail.com