Just to be clear, here when you say 'mail box' you mean a different email account, correct? So that you have a unified inbox, and if you click the reveal triangle next to the Inbox you see a separate Inbox for each account, correct?

Yes this is correct.

If you open the Previous Recipients window, the contents should change when you switch between those inboxes...if this is the problem.

This does change, I've never noticed this window before. I'm now thinking there's a way to copy these to the other boxes? If so do they duplicate or just add new? It's not going to kill me to try some of this, I keep everything backed up.

What version of Mac OS and Mail are you using?

I use 10.4 11 10.5.8 and 10.6.4. I of coarse use the resident Mail apps per OS. I search an address in the spotlight box and then copy and paste. It's a little hairy with a lot of pages open.

John M
Placentia CA
dadbe...@gmail.com