On 2010/09/29 22:51, Stephen Conrad wrote:
Whenever I put in a CD with stuff on it (NOT a CD you buy with music on
it) it is a crap shoot if the machine will recognize it. Some it gives
me two options (Ignore or Eject) and some it never says anything nor do
they show up on my desktop.

I have a similar issue with my USB 2 iMac. It sees factory pressed discs just fine but burned discs, even those that I burned on that very machine, it doesn't see 9 times out of 10.

I've used a 'cleaning' disk, and I've disassembled the ODD and cleaned it with a q-tip & isopropyl alcohol to no avail. I'm guessing that your CD-RW is fairly old anyway, for about $17 plus tax at NewEgg you can get a DVD-RW and probably save some time & effort.

Just my 2ยข.

Tina