no, no, no, and no.  (i think that's enough nos.)  the 1.8 and 2.0
models had different mobo clock speeds.  you cannot swap a 1.8 for a
2.0.  furthermore, if you replace one processor, sot only does it have
to be the same clock speed, it must be with a processor that is
identical to the other.  same apple part number, same EEE code.  then
the thermal calibration application needs to be run, which is
difficult to get your hands on if you are not an apple certified
tech.  you cannot simply remove the bad processor and run it as a
single processor machine.  it will not boot.

i knew someone who had a 2.0DP which did have a bad processor, and it
still booted anyway and ran just fine as a single processor machine
except for waking from sleep issues.  but when the "dead" processor
was removed, it would not boot at all.  on the other hand, i had a
machine which would not boot, and the problem turned out to be a
faulty logic board.  i'm not convinced i would put 100% faith in the
diagnosis you've gotten.

bottom line, unless you are an intermediate to advanced level tech,
with experience working on G5s, i would forget about it altogether.
sorry i can't give you better news.