Stevo,

Overclocking can be done by changing resistors on the processor board,
or by changing some settings in the PRAM, I think. This needs good
soldering skills or some tinkering deep inside the system software,
and will give you a slight speed improvement at the cost of (maybe)
more crashes.

To make a real difference, you would need to replace the processor by
one from a faster model, or by a “processor upgrade”. This is easier,
but it costs, and you’d need to know exactly which model of G4
PowerMac you have. For starters, you can look on the serial number
sticker on the back; another good indicator is the position of the
audio jacks: aligned vertically or horizontally, and above or below
the USB and LAN connectors?

Depending on your budget, you could also shop for a faster model:
prices have really come down.