Well you are right that AMD does not do PPC CPUs you could not be more
wrong about the switch to Intel being a smart move.  They only did it
to boost lagging laptop sales because they were stuck with the G4
because the G5 ran too hot to stick it in a laptop and they were
loosing clock speed marketing war because the G4 was pushed pretty
much to it's limit.  The thing is Motorola/IBM did deliver on a PPC
solution that had a low energy power footprint drastically lower then
anything Intel had and that Blew even the top G5s out of the water but
it came a few months too late because Apple in their impatience jumped
too soon and ended up with a mediocre solution all because they could
not push back a release date on new laptops.