Tina K. wrote:

On 2010/10/24 00:35, Brian Christmas so eloquently wrote:

The end of this race is a long way  away yet.

The finish line is constantly being moved, there is no end.

Tina

Actually, it's more like the carrot in front of the horse's nose. As long as the horse is willing to keep chasing the carrot, he'll keep pulling the wagon... And the faster he runs, the faster the carrot moves. I can understand a beast not being able to figure that out for a while. But "Humans" not being able to figure it out, even after decades?

Think of this: We're all ALPHA-TESTING OS-X! "**** Unexpectedly Quit. Report problem to Apple?" That's an Alpha-Test issue. When a highlighted item remains grey instead of turning blue when you return to the column where it is active, that's a Beta-Test issue. You can't even report that. Apple just wants to know about the Alpha-Test crashes... So... OS 10.0 isn't even ready to start Beta-Testing yet, and they're already getting ready to release 10.7... OS 9 should never be released, it's too much of a memory pig. Actually, we're nearly finished Beta-Testing OS 8.6, except that Apple stopped the process years ago.

Even top-notch software developers can't work the bugs out of their programs before they have to release them, otherwise the next OS, or the next chip will obsolete the program & the'll have to start all over again... And we just keep chasing that carrot faster & faster, thinking they're going to let us catch it someday.

Sorry in advance if this is a bring-down for some folks. It's just time that our world, Apple fans included, do a little sloooow-doooowwwwn, back-up & re-evaluate our values.

Cheers,
Drew