we live in a rural area, and power outages occasionally last for
days.  we have a generator for such situations, and i run all sorts of
electronics on them.  BUT, you absolutely MUST have a high quality UPS
on any sensitive electronics, or you risk catastrophic failure.  the
output of that generator is NOT a clean sine wave, nor is it
continuously constant voltage or frequency.  a good UPS will correct
this.  and BECAUSE you are running a mini, which does NOT have a
regulated power supply like a desktop and only has a simple rectified
transformer PS, it will be particularly vulnerable.  anyone who says
otherwise thinks they know a lot more than they actually know.  also,
how do you plan to connect your computer to the generator?  will you
put the generator outside and run an extension cord in thru a door or
window?   generators are quite noisy, and an open window, even a
crack, will let a lot of cold air in.  if you wire it thru the main
service entrance of your house, 800 W is certainly not enough to power
the devices that will come on automatically, like the refrigerator,
furnace, etc.  when those kick on automatically, they will overload
the 800 W generator and burn it out.

i suggest that you go the whole 9 yards and get a minimum of 5000 W
generator, and wire it thru the main service entrance, so you can also
have heat and refrigeration, etc, during the power outages.  but you
must arrange it so that you can disconnect from the power grid while
the generator is connected, otherwise when the power comes back on, it
will almost certainly be out-of-phase with the generator, and cause
the generator to fry.  it's not that difficult to do, just add a 50
Amp dual breaker to the box and wire the output of the generator IN
thru that breaker, making sure that the MAIN breaker is off, before
you connect the generator.  you could also spend several thousand
dollars on a device that does this automatically, but if you can
understand how to use a computer, you should be able to handle
throwing a couple of switches in the correct sequence.  then when
there is a power outage and you disconnect from the grid to run your
generator, simply phone the power company and request a courtesy call
to let you know when the power is restored, at which time you will
first disconnect the generator and then turn the MAIN breaker back on.