There is something that doesn't make a lot of sense here.

I don't think there ever was a peecee that used a DB25 connector for SCSI. Only
Apple ever did that and they shorted a bunch of grounds together while
violating SCSI rules of engagement.

Was that scanner really a peecee parallel-port device?

What is an HD50 connector?  Do you mean a two row connector for a circuit board
as Apple used internally with a flat cable? Or is it a 50 bin blue ribbon job
from Amphenol? It's possible to solder from a DB25 to a DB-style 50 pin
connector but it's a real pain to do a high density 50 pin job.

The Iomega folks used 25 pin SCSI connectors on its Zip drives. Their pinout
was the same as Apple's DB25's. Those cables ought to be all over the place. I
might even have one.

The G4 Sawtooth used ATA 40 pin connections internally. There are PCI cards for
SCSI one of which which I assume you have installed. Did Astra supply something
like that with a DB25? I'd be surprised if it did for use with a peecee.

--

-->  Halloween  == Oct 31 == Dec 25 == Christmas  <--