On Nov 13, 11:56 pm, Charles Lenington <macso...@brightok.net> wrote:
> On 11/13/10 4:57 PM, Tom wrote:> Thanks much, everybody. Well, you've
> convinced me that I need to move
> > up into the Intel world for the sort of work I do, but I think I'll
> > have to get a tower rather than an iMac or Mini, because I'd like to
> > just switch my two 1 TB hard drives from the G5 into the new machine,
>
> read up on partitioning.... intel uses guid instead of hfs

Charles makes a good point. You will be able to use your old SATA
drives, but you will have to back them up first, repartition them, and
reinstall Leopard. Then you will be able to use Migration Assistant
and get your stuff the way you like it. Right now I'm not sure if you
can use a cloning utility like CCC or SuperDuper from one kind of
partitioning to the other, but that might be another possibility.

HTH,

Felix