When my G5's power supply blew (only one week usage total), Apple replaced it for free (it was part of an extended warranty program that ended in Jan.2010), Apple also replaced the motherboard and both CPUs as part of the power supply replacement. When I asked about it, they said it was often the case that a blown power supply kills the motherboard and/or one or both CPUs. They said the old ones are sent back to Apple for re-certification, to possibly be used again in future repairs only after being checked out good.

If you don't have a Startup sound, you've got a major issue. My guess is the RAM. My G5 was VERY picky about how the RAM was seated. I had to reseat RAM nearly twenty times to get all eight slots working correctly. The RAM MUST be in matched PAIRS, and MUST be in MATCHED slot pairs also. The matching slots begin in the center of the two banks and work outward apart from each other. So you can use the two center slots, or the two second from center slots, or the two third for center, or the two fourth from center. I've had pairs of sticks that weren't exactly identical (meaning different brands or latency) work before, BUT, this isn't a good idea, you'll want to have IDENTICAL sticks of identical speed from the identical manufacturer.

Until you can get a startup sound "boing" nothing is going to happen. You don't need a HD present to get the startup sound. I'd reseat the RAM over and over, or get some "known good pair" and try it. If you can't get a startup sound after trying all pairs of slots with known good RAM I'd suspect you've got a bad motherboard and/or CPUs also, but this seems not too likely unless this was a water-cooled model that leaked. I'd try real hard, this is a good Mac to salvage.