On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 3:28 PM, ah...clem <boneheads...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> i find THESE to be the height of hubris, discourtesy, and rudeness.
> "Help bunny take over the world!"???  REALLY???  after being forced to
> scroll past that 100 times, no one else finds it childish and inane?
>
> “When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I
> thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish
> things”
>
> equally rude are the needlessly long professional sig files.  it's
> like saying, "here, the price for my tidbit of wisdom is that you have
> to be incessantly reminded of my exalted position."  that's not rude?
> yet i am being accused of being rude for calling childishness and self-
> serving vanity what they are?  methinks some of you have no clue what
> constitutes rude and discourteous.
>
> "Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth."
> "Charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up."
>
> since ATTACHED files are prohibited, perhaps it's time for all
> APPENDED files to be prohibited as well, since some folks can't seem
> to restrain themselves from abusing the practice.
>
> and for the record, ALL of the example sig files i quoted above DO
> violate the list rules.  go read 'em yourself, if you don't believe
> me.
>
> --

After the reminder the other day I reined in my sig file to six lines plus
the signature itself.

Still trying to break the president ah_Clem ? ( Ah_clem's clever web handle
is a rather obscure reference to a Firesign Theater skit where an insistent
dissenter badgers an automated president of the USA and breaks him with
simple logic. Firesign Theater fans [like myself[ like to play out scenes
and have a penchant for the dramatic. They often forget that younger people
go more for Stewie or some Teen Hunger Force style of randomness. )

It mystifies me why we are worried about rich text ten years into the new
millennium. Especially in support of a computer platform which claims
preeminence in web creation. Go figure.
--
Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer
fluxstrin...@gmail.com