I am probably not the best person to help you on the rev 1 boards.  I
know there were some issues with using the master/slave on the
motherboards ide connectors.  I believe you could only use one master
on each channel.  One channel was for the disk drive and the other was
for the dvd/cd.

As far as the keyboard.  I noticed that a PC keyboard would not allow
me to zap pram when i booted up.  I had to use an apple keyboard in
adb connector.  I have replace my rev2 board with a yikes board and it
only had usb now.  The apple usb would allow me zap pram and allow me
into the firmware where as the pc keyboard would not.  I think it all
depends on if the firmware recognizes the keyboard when it is plugged
in.

I have never tried putting a disk drive card inside a mac and tried to
boot off of a drive attached to it.  You would have to get the
manufactures specs on the ide card and see if it is supported in
allowing a boot from the card.  You may have much more luck using the
IDE connections on the main board and connecting your hard drive to
them.. and temporarily removing the scsi card and IDE card until you
have a working, booting machine.

You should see some video on boot up even if it doesn't find a boot
device.  I have personally seen the b&w pass the P.O.S.T. with the
chime and still not boot because of a bad cpu. (I seriously doubt that
is an issue in your machine.  But since it can happen you should keep
it in mind).

I would make sure I had an apple keyboard, remove the two drive cards
and zap the pram and see if you can get a CD or one of your system
drives to boot off of the motherboards ide channel.

Once you get it booting normally in minimal configuration, you can add
the expansion cards one at a time and see how they work with your
system.

Hope this helps.

Gus.