On 7 Dec 2010, at 14:57:34 PST, frrob wrote:

I recently acquired a DP 1.25 gHz G4 MDD. It is running OS 10.5.8. It
has 2 optical drives, a DVD burner and a DVD-CDRW drive. I am thinking
of replacing the DVD-CDRW with a ZIP 250 drive. I have 2 questions:

1. Will this work in Leopard?

2. I have read that this machine was offered with a ZIP option. Are
there any sort of rails/adapters for installing this in the second
optical drive slot? Also, is there any sort of bezel for such an
installation?

Thanks,

Fr. Rob Johansen
Putting a Zip drive of any type in the MDD seems to me to be much like putting a 4 cylinder 1956 VW motor in a 2010 Maserati. Why? Just to see if it can be
done?

It would seem to be much better, and probably simpler, just to search around and get a USB Zip 250 drive, if you have some perverse desire to consign your data to
an often unreliable medium.

Ken