On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Tina K. <penguir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2010/12/12 12:36, James Therrault so eloquently wrote:
>
>> While I don't do social sites, I sure like Little Snitch.
>>

> You hear about Facebook's security transgressions regarding their members
> from time to time, but Facebook's activities outside of their own domain
> seem to get little notice.
>
> There was a time when some people thought the only use for Little Snitch
> was for pirating sw, but I'm sure glad to have it in this day of personal
> information harvesting and theft.

Unfortunately as CNET pointed out last November the 19th, despite people
thinking and firmly believing their systems are sacrosanct because they are
not Facebook members their info is most likely compromised anyway.

If you are firmly secure in your web surfing in general you have nothing to
fear from Facebook. And conversely if you are sloppy or careless you should
not even be opening a browser.

Facebook is the least of your worries.

--
Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer