On Dec 20, 2010, at 9:28 AM, Dan wrote:

> Speededed up m'mouse, so it doesn't take so long to get from one side to the
> other.  The MouseZoom syspref is quite handy to for that. Wish it went to 11
> - sometimes you just need to go plaid.

Another reason I love my Kensington trackball, the Kensington software lets me
really fine tune the responsiveness. If I move it fast, all I need to do is
move the ball through about 90 degrees to whip the cursor all the way across
the screen.

> Now I need some higher resolution pics for my desktop.
>
> Anyone gots some recommendations / favs?

Well, two things:

A lot of the pix at APOD <http://apod.nasa.gov> are really big. This one
<http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1012/m82_hst_big.jpg> is 4750x3700 :-)

A lot of the pix at Botany photo of the day,
<http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/potd/> can be traced back to their flickr
group and retrieved at higher sizes.

And a really handy utility SmillaEnlarger
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/imageenlarger/> is a very useful tool for
embiggening those smaller desktop pics up to your giant new screen size :-)

It turned the images of the Golden Rays here <http://tinyurl.com/6xhlc4>
(964x645) into something quite nice on my 27" imac. A wee bit grainy, but not
bad at all, certainly not exceedingly pixelated.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona