On Dec 22, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Daniel Stewart wrote:

> I have not tried it myself, but wouldn't dual booting being an option?
>  Then you could just boot into whichever OS you need at the time.

Only on some of the G4's. No G5 will boot natively in OS 9, and the last model,
perhaps the last two models of G4 only boot in OS X as well.

I don't know if they ever got PearPC working on a PowerPC, but remotely you
could run an older version of OS X inside that would let you run Classic.

IMO Best bet is to just bite the dead, rotting corpse of the bullet and move
past Classic already, geez.

If you have some app that's both mission critical and hasn't been updated in
ten years, do what we do with old old instruments going that need Win95 or
WinNT: keep a stack of ancient systems piled up in the back room and
cannibalize 'em as needed to keep the working system going as long as you can.

Heck..it seems to be working for B-52's, the USAF is flying airframes older
than I am. One article I read a while back mentioned a AF captain who was a
pilot flying combat missions in the same airplane his father flew in Vietnam.

Not the same *class* of aircraft, the very same aircraft.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona