Hello All,
I have an eMac (OS 10.4.11, 1 GB) with a large capacity external HD. It talks to my NetGear wireless router via Airport Extreme.

I had a G4 Sawtooth (OS 10.4.11, 1.5 GB, Sonnet 1.3GHz dual proc). It talks to my NetGear router via cat-5 cable. Whenever I need files from the eMac's HD, I would connect to the remote server, mount the HD's on the G4's desktop & go from there...

Last week the G4's power supply gave out & I got another G4 to replace it. Swapped out the HD's, proc upgrade, video card, etc. The first time I needed files from the eMac, the HD's mounted just fine, as they always did.

From the second time on, whenever I try mount drives from the eMac, I connect to the server, log in, select the drives to be mounted, click "mount" & the wee colour wheel spins, and spins, and spins, and spins... I can go shopping, come back, and the wee colour wheel is still spinning & the HD's never mount.

I also got a 867 GHz Quicksilver (OS 10.4.11, 1.5 GB) a couple days ago & put the Sawtooth's HD in it. Same thing! I get logged in to the remote server, select the drives to be mounted, click mount & the wee colour wheel spins & spins & spins, but no mount!

Any idea what's going on?

TIA,
Drew