> If you needed to reboot to clear things then *something else* is doing this.
>
> - Dan.

OK Dan,
When I get home I will go back into console to find the errors, but
the only other things I saw were some droped frame errors from VLC
earier in the day. I did have VLC, Mail, EyeTV Light, Remote Buddy,
and Firefox running (and Growl/Growl Mail) I had Dashboard off.

I don't always have to reboot to get it to go away. there have been
times when, after ten min. it goes away on it's own.

>The icon in the menu bar is totally unnecessary; it can be turned off.

I only mentioned the icon because most of the menu bar icons turned
grey, and that was among the ones that did not.

>Growl does NOT gray out the whole screen, ever.

I thought it might have had to do with the profile settings in Growl,
I know different ones look very different, and that perhaps they could
do more than the regular notification under certian conditions?

Any other ideas about what it could be? Again, I don't see any
difference in performance. It's more of an agervation.

Peter