At 5:05 PM -0800 1/4/2011, ah...clem wrote:
was able to import all of my bookmarks from the old library files.
but i can't find a way to import the old browsing history.  anyone
know of a way to do that?

hum.  Importing bookmarks makes sense.  Why would you want to import history?

History is...
old.
stale.
the thing that law enforcement uses to nail you.
the giant list that slows browsers down!

what exactly is the name of the file where the browsing history is stored?

Look in ~/Library/Safari/ for these files:
  HistoryIndex.sk
  History.plist

can i manually merge my recent history after the clean install with the old history from before the
clean install?

This is going to be painful. Move those files aside, put the old files in their places. Launch Safari. View History. Drag what you want into your bookmarks. Quit Safari. Dump those history files and restore the ones you moved aside.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.