On Jan 9, 2011, at 7:53 PM, Jonas Lopez wrote:

Are there children programs for G3? Where, who, etc.

StarFall.com is a great educational site (reading related), and I don't think it has any flash, we used it on a blueberry iMac.

We also love the Myst games. They take parental involvement, but are great for developing problem solving skills. I started the first one with my daughter when she was 6, now my 5 year old son sees us playing it and wants to help out. (b.t.w. we are up to Revelation, the 4th one)

If you can encode videos to play on the G3, it is nice to put copies of their favorite movies in the computer. They learn the file structure, by being given the chance to watch what the movie they want if they can find it on their own. With regard to encoding, I've found that kids will sacrifice any amount of resolution, but I don't hear the end of it if the movie plays choppy.

We have had good luck at Garage sales, Craigslist, and especially Home-School book sales for finding older educational software that will work well on Low End Macs.

Peter