At 12:52 PM -0500 1/23/2011, Bill Connelly wrote:
I'm using the latest Safari under 10.5.8. A Geforce 4MX video card in my Digital Audio Dual 533. I've begun getting errors in the background of Top Sites. Screen isn't fully black, containing streaks and such. Is it my video card / old Sony G420 CRT monitor / Safari? Haven't seen it anywhere else that I can remember.

Could be that the top sites cache is corrupted. Try resetting the caches - select Reset Safari from the Safari menu and check the items to clear the top sites, the previews, and the cache.

If that doesn't fix... When the artifacts appear, take a screen snapshot (cmd-shift-3) then view that picture. If the artifacts are in the picture then there's something foo on your Mac. If the artifacts aren't there, then they're being produced in the video card. Then perhaps try reseating the card? Clean the cable connectors?

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.