On Jan 31, 5:36 am, JoeTaxpayer <joetaxpaye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My MDD is the 1.25GHz bought in '03 Q1.
> All I recall, is that it was important to me (at the time) that it was
> billed as the last model that would boot into OS9 (as opposed to
> running in classic 'mode').
>
> On Jan 31, 7:29 am, Ross <olfec...@digizip.com> wrote:
>
> > There is NO MYSTERY here. The MDD shipped with OS X v10.2.8 system
> > specific install disk set. Plus a MacOS 9.x Restore Disk set that
> > installs MacOS 9.x, after OS X, with a specialized MDD System ROM for
> > MacOS 9.x.

You can have a dual boot OS X v10.4.11, plus MacOS 9.x, on the same
partition, or on different drives. Your can (well, I can) select Start-
up disk from either OS System Preferences/Start-up Disk, either way.
Never had a problem. As long as you have a FW400 main logic board,
133MHz or 167Mhz, doesn't matter at all.