On Jan 31, 2011, at 5:17 AM, Stephen Conrad wrote:

> What exactly would cause these?
>
> Machine: Quicksilver, 800 MHz, OS X 10.4.11, 1.5 GB RAM
>

> O Yes, I updated (after I saw to do so while researching the 2nd error code)
> Flash and ClickToFlash, the latter being something i thought I had done in
> the past
>

> Jan 30 23:27:16 steve-cs-power-mac-g4 /System/Library/Image
> Capture/Devices/MassStorage.app/Contents/MacOS/MassStorage: Corrupt JPEG
> data: premature end of data segment\n
>
> Jan 30 23:41:13 steve-cs-power-mac-g4
> /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari:
> CMSCreateDataProviderOrGetInfo : Invalid colorspace type
>

> 1) What bugs me about the 1st one is that i _THINK_ I know which digital
> camera this refers to but I totally cleaned off the data card (it was empty
> when I looked at it)

Reformat the card in the camera; I've had cards that were erased by the Mac
give me issues with 'ghost' images.

> 2) I have no idea what this applies to nor do I know how to fix it

Safari tried to open an image file which specified an invalid colorspace type.
Most often this occurs when someone posts a CYMK image on the web instead of an
RGB one with bad metadata. This error is a precautionary note.

A lot of, if not most of the entries in the logs are for informational purposes
and aren't serious errors. This one is an example, there's a mismatch between
what a file metadata says it is and what it appears to be from the data.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona