Nope. 1.8 ghz were never water cooled. However, they are notoriously picky about matched ram. I had to return/exchange a ram pair that were not exactly to spec- they just never worked.

Do check your video card is firmly seated, since if you are missing hard drives from a machine new in '04, they might of swapped video cards also. In my bottom of the line June 04 dp 1.8ghz (four gigs max ram) I have the Geforce FX 5200. More expensive models have better. side note- this was one of the last G5's to drive the Apple Studio displays, and its plug is very like the DVI connector. Be sure about which one you have plugged in.

 Buy a new pram battery if you are unsure of the age of installed one.

Love this machine, just slightly jealous of daughters 2.8 intel macbook pro.....

G5 DP 1.8 ghz
4gig ram
700gig & 300gig interior.