it is... sometimes... you may look 3 yellow capacitors on the board... i
wish to have pictures... those are rectangle plactic cover yellow
collored... not big, nor small... on the mainboard... look them. any burned
out... generally first they burned out. on mainboard... look red light..
generally if red light turns and those 3 of yellow covered mainboard is ok.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:45 PM, theleaddog <tr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Feb 11, 3:54 pm, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu>
> wrote:
> > On Feb 11, 2011, at 10:55 AM, yawg wrote:
> > > I removed all cards, put the video card back in, removed all RAM, put
> > > one RAM stick back in, removed all ATA cables exept for my startup
> > > disk, removed the battery, pushed the CUDA a couple of times for 20
> > > seconds, pushed the power button for 20 seconds, let the thing sit for
> > > half an hour or more, put the battery back in and voilá: no more bong,
> > > the light on the power button only stays lit as long as I push it,
> > > doesn't matter how long I push it ...
> > > So I managed to kill my MDD by following your suggestions?
> >
> > Nope, now you know it's a bad power supply. I now remember going
> >though that hassle with a professors MDD about 6 months ago and
> >got the identical results. Replacing the PS fixed all the problems.
>
> Interesting. I had the same experience with a MDD DP 1.25 pre-2003
> ($1000 at the time). Replacing the PS didn't fix it. Took it to Apple
> store. Genius said the processor was shot. Replaced the processor with
> a good used one...no go. Figured when it went, it took out the mobo or
> vice versa so I put in another used mobo with my old processor. Nada.
> Replace processor with the good used one. Ta-da! I guess both items
> were toasted. :-(
>
> --

Baha Ata

baha...@gmail.com