Yes. Please excuse my delayed response.
On Feb 9, 2011, at 7:42 AM, Geke wrote:

Hey readers, all answers so far are focussing on the LaCie, but can’t
this be something else? After all, the drive was working fine with the
old OS.
By the way: Was that 10.4.11 as well?

To me it looks more like the newly-installed OS can’t find a driver
for it, although I have no idea how that could be.

  Was using LaCie Porsche as a back up drive as a general precaution
and as computer hard drive was starting to fail. Installed new
computer hard drive.