> I have a Pioneer DVR 115 which suddenly will not burn
> CD or DVD's. I     have checked cables and cleaned
> with a cleaning disk. OS 10.5.8 on a     G4 with 2
> meg of ram and 1gig sonnet processor. First noticed
> when burn a play-list from iTunes 10.0.2.

Burners have a finite lifetime.

Burning at maximum rated speed reduces the lifetime of the semiconductor
laser.

Burning at one-half rated speed could increase its lifetime, and probably
reduces the number of "coasters", too.

But, once you start to get consistently bad burns, the drive is telling
you that its life is just about over.

And, once this process starts, you probably will have bad reads, too.

Lite-On makes a decent IDE burner ... about $22 from NewEgg.