On Feb 23, 2011, at 10:36 AM, Jonathan Smith wrote:

> I am subscribed to 8 and I am finding it an administrative nightmare
> organising them in a way that keeps me up to date but doesn't fill my inbox
> up. I haven't decided on the best approach as yet.
>
> Is 'forum' a dirty word in LEM land?

I personally dislike forums, I end up spending half my time trying to find
actual information among the hopping smileys, giant avatars, unnecessary screen
candy, having to guess at which page of 345 the actual answer to my question is
on, and the generally piss-poor search and organization of nearly every forum
site I've ever had the misfortune of trying to use.

That said, LEM DOES have forums. The great thing about Google Groups is that
you can swing whichever way suits your fancy: subscribe to them as individual
emails, subscribe to them as digests, or not get them as email at all, but as a
forum on the groups.google.com site.

Just log in with the address associated with your delivery address (in your
case it would just be logging in with your regular gmail credentials) and
you're taken to the web interface to the groups. Voila!

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona