----- "Wallace Adrian D'Alessio" <fluxstrin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > But am I the only one who feels Oompa Loompas are a bit creepy ?
> Kinda
> > > a hive mind thing ?
> >
> > It's just for fun.  I laugh because there is some truth to it.  But
> it doesn't matter because Macs Rule!  ;^)  It worked and gave us a
> better playground (and made Apple #1).  I just keep my fingers crossed
> for our future...
> >
> >  - Peter
> >
> > PS:  Hey, how about getting with the plain text program here,
> Adrian!?
> >

> I don't think Apple is going away even if Steve goes the way of all
> flesh. It is too ingrained in consumer culture and the way people
> expect to get their media. when cars appeared with iPod docks I knew
> that was true. Oh, it will evolve. But it will not go away.

Way true!

> That is why I think selling a port of the Mac OS for PCs makes more
> sense than ever. And an entry level tower machine too.
> Even BMW has an M3 ( for the many here who like car analogies)

Legitimizing a port of OSX to PCs would open a can of worms and knock the
polish of the Mac image.  Apple would rather leave the back door open to those
brave souls willing to tame the Hackintosh beast.  If you have enough $$ to put
together a decent PC, you can have a Hackintosh, as many do.  Otherwise, a
"real" Mac assures you of success out of the box.  Making a software-only Mac
would diminish the Brand.  Apple products have the reputation they do because
they work, and I don't blame Apple for wanting to keep control, which they
would lose if they lost control of the hardware.  Just my 2 cents.

> And sorry about the rich text. So many here post in it I had
> forgotten. And in gmail it is easy to switch for different purposes
> but easy to forget when one is in a hurry too.

I had forgotten too, to be honest.  I'm stuck w/Comcast ATM and contextual
posting only works using plain text.  Besides, it feels like an old shoe.  ;^)

> But in 2011 is anyone on LEM not capable of reading rich text?

It gets down to tradition, and practicality for some, like me.  Least common
denominator and all that.  Whatever works.  I'm flexible.  ;^)

 - Peter

PS:  I think you should figure out a way to Hackintosh to make you happy.  Or
play the lottery and hope.  ;^)  Again, just my 2¢.