Hi

I have a 17" powerbook G4 1.5 with the MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-825
superdrive.

I am not a frequent burner of dvd/cd's. But I am used to more modern
drive which don't fuss over what type of media you use.

According to it's specs, it reads dvd full stop and burns - and +.

I have had it reading from cd's and dvd's, I have yet to burn from it
though. But it will not recognise a particular dual layer dvd+ I have
burned. It just spits it out. It also spits out a blank disc of the
same kind.

I have read elsewhere that apple recommend TDK. Have I read correctly,
that these drives are fussy and only like certain brands of disc?

Also, should I be ok to read and write to dvd+ dual layers and if so,
which work for you best?

Thanks!