________________________________
From: Dan <dantear...@gmail.com>
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 9 March, 2011 4:23:05
Subject: Re: spills wireless keyboard

At 4:29 PM -0700 3/8/2011, Bruce Johnson wrote:
> On Mar 8, 2011, at 2:57 PM, michaelangelo wrote:
>> If I accidentially dump my coffee on the keyboad is there the same liklihood
>> of
>>shorting out or otherwise damaging the computer as there is with a wired
>>keyboard or is this actually a good way to prevent damage beyond the yeyboard
>>or
>>mouse?
>
> Since there is no physical electrical connection it's as if you turned off
> the
>KB.

heh.   That's just no fun.  Everyone knows that electrical shorts travel thru
the aether just as well as they travel through metal and maple syrup.  humph.
Darn.  There's a cat whisker in my coffee mug again.  No wonder r new furball
(7mos!) is so boingy!
<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/610326/Vicky%2C%20on%20the%20shelf.jpg>

> And don't put any new Mac keyboards through the wash cycle; this worked with
>the older ones, but the new aluminum ones are actually glued together and do
>not
>mix with liquids at all.

Um, yea, what Bruce said.  The days of dishwasherin' gear are Over.

- Dan.
-- - Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.

Dan,

Beautiful creature (Vicky, that is).

But re the kbd, perhaps the shorts are utilising the Tesla effect...?

Ted