I finally have a video card that supports Core Image and Quartz
Extreme. As an added bonus, it works. I was thinking that I didn't
have anything that would give me a demo of these mystical new graphics
capabilities right away. But I looked into it.

As a wise man once remarked: Haha, ripples...

Yes, I have now seen the rotating cube of Fast User Switching and the
ripples of Dashboard widgets for the very first time. I am not kidding
when I say that these things alone could keep me entertained for
hours. But are there even more cheap thrills available to me in the
basic OS (Tiger 10.4.11) and suite of apps? I can't wait.

Sean
Power Mac G4 AGP "Sawtooth" 1.0 GHz, 2GB RAM, 1 each SATA (750 GB) &
PATA (160 GB) hard drives, gigabit ethernet & USB 2.0, ATI Radeon 9800
Pro, Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11