On 3/16/11 1:29 PM, Andy wrote:
On 16/03/2011 16:53PM, "Yersinia"<yersi...@myfairpoint.net>  wrote:

How do you disable Top Sites entirely?

In Safari go to "Preferences" and click the "Bookmarks" tab.
Next to Bookmarks Bar Uncheck "include Top Sites"

I already unchecked it. I've been trying to get rid of these darn things for the past two days, checking and rechecking in Preferences, looking to see if I had missed anything. The only item on that whole list I have checked is Bookmarks Bar, which is the only one of those I use.
Also don't have Safari open onto Tops Sites at startup. You can set this
in Preferences>  "General" tab.

I've always had both new windows and new tabs set to open to an Empty Page. Can't stand opening to any specific website, even one I MIGHT actually go to first.

Thank you anyway. Any more suggestions?