when I try to add a new network, it says connection timeout.

--- On Thu, 3/17/11, bryan adkins <bryancor...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: bryan adkins <bryancor...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Emac issues and OSX 10.5.8 and Airport Extreme Card
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Cc: "Kris Tilford" <ktilfo...@cox.net>
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2011, 11:42 PM

I would delete any networks/locations under network preferences and
create a new location reboot and that should have you set.  Having to
reset date and time I would hit the "go" drop down menu in finder and
click "go to folder" should bring up a text box and type "private/etc/"
this will bring up a bunch of folders.  Locate the folder "localtime"
move it to the trash and delete your trash contents then open time and
date preferences and select your local time reboot and you should be set
 up.  As the other post mentions this is most likely a dead PRAM battery
 but try these they might work for you.  I have to do the time and date
dealio before and many other problems from OSX to linux distros (still much
less then winblows:) and I
will tell you GOOGLE is you BEST FRIEND!  wish you the best.