What type of mac is it again? If you have access to another mac, and if it
supports it try to boot target disk mode then run repairs from the other
machine
On May 1, 2011 7:10 PM, "George R. Hozendorf" <ghoze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It finally recognized the installer disk. The hd is running, but the
installer is blank when I get to the "Select a destination" screen. Now I'm
really stumped.

> On May 1, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Richard Gerome wrote:
>

>> I would take it all apart and clean and reseat everything inside just to
be sure. If this was sitting for a long time? Could have some oxidation on
the pins, you can clean them with an eraser from a pencil. Zap the pram too.

>> Did you hold down the "c" key when you booted it up with the disc? Did
you hear the disc spin up? Try a music or picture CD and see if that works?
Maybe the CD drive is messed up?

>> P.S. Do you mean no operating system when you said no system? The OS disc
could be bad too? If you booted it up with the disc it should have came up
to the installer.

>> Scars only tell us where we have been, they do not have to dictate where
we are going...

>> “Choose love and peace above all other options. Commit to the goal of
unconditional love and compassion for all life, in all its expressions, and
surrender all judgment to God.

http://groups.google.com/group/g3-5-list